Archetypisch is a studio for spatial design founded by Anika Ohlerich in 2007. Archetypisch specializes in exhibitions, ranging from temporary presentations on photography, history, design, urban planning and fine arts to permanent collections.
Archetypisch also focuses on public space. Anika Ohlerich studies how people use the city and how space influences people. She researches behavioural patterns in cities in the Netherlands and elsewhere, especially in relation to spatial interventions in existing structures.
Furthermore, Anika Ohlerich is a lecturer and engaged mentor at the Department of Inter-Architecture at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam, and is a frequent guest teacher at other universities and institutes.
Anika Ohlerich (1972, Germany) is an art historian and spatial designer.
She graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor’s degree in Architectural design from the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam. Prior to that she received a Master of Art in Art History and Theatre Studies from the University of Cologne.
After working for Opera Amsterdam design agency in 2005/2006, she founded Archetypisch in 2007. Archetypisch is a studio for spatial design that specializes in exhibitions and installations in public space.
Anika Ohlerich works/has worked for:
- Mauritshuis, the Hague
- Leeuwarden European Capital of Culture 2018
- Rijksmuseum van Oudheden/National Museum of Antiquities, Leiden
- Architectenbureau Jowa, Amsterdam
- Tropenmuseum Amsterdam/Dutch Documentary Photo Foundation
- Congregatie van de Zusters van Julie Postel, Boxmeer
- The International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam 2012
- Hoogheemraadschap Hollands Noorderkwartier
- De Balie, Amsterdam
- Ministerie van VROM, Rijksgebouwendienst/The Government Buildings Agency Cultureel Erfgoed Noordholland
- Museum Hilversum
- Nederlands Fotomuseum, Rotterdam
- Dienst Ruimtelijke Ordening/Department of Urban Planning and Sustainability, Amsterdam
- Informatiecentrum Zuiderkerk, Amsterdam
- Perspekt Studio’s, Haarlem
- Opera Amsterdam
- Totems Communication, Amsterdam
- Bureau Parkstad, Amsterdam
- Architectenbureau K2, Amsterdam
- Annet Gelink Gallery, Amsterdam
- SK Stiftung Kultur, video dance department, Cologne, Germany
Anika Ohlerich lectures/has lectured at:
- Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam
- Reinwardt Academy, Amsterdam
- Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam
- Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht
- Academie van Bouwkunst, Groningen
- Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, China
- Wuhan University and other universities in China
- Institut für Raumgestaltung, Technische Universität Graz, Austria